Building Insurance – Forums


In the latest email from the team it includes the following advice:

”Home insurance need-to-knows.
-Buildings insurance is usually only for freeholders, contents insurance for all.

I believe the first point is misleading advice. My understanding is that if you buy a house, and for example the land is leasehold, then building insurance is normally the responsibility of the house purchaser.
I would have posted this to the team direct but I couldn’t find a contact email address. Perhaps one of them will pick up on this point. Interesting to know what others think anyway.


Source link