Buildings insurance, house will be mostly unoccupied for a few months during extension work


We’re buying a house which we don’t intend to move into straight away, wanting to get some work done before occupying the house. Would it more likely be better to let our current Buildings & Contents insurers extend or add a new Buildings-Only policy, or just take out something new and separate?

We’d be moving in fully within about 6 months though, so we would want the flexibility to reverse that situation and have our new property covered for full Buildings & Contents and the old one set to unoccupied Buildings-only while we do that one up to sell.

Thanks for any advice.



Source link