Car Insurance Not My Car



My daughter (20) owns and insures her own car however in September she will be going to university and will not be taking her car. She wants to keep the car because she will have an industrial placement for her third year and will probably need to use her car for that.

She has suggested that I could use her car for the first two years she is at university and insure it in my name. She will not be using the car at all during that time. However I can’t find a company to insure me if I am not the owner and registered keeper of the car. Does anyone know of a company who will?

I am over 55, female, have no convictions or claims and a protected NCD on the car my husband owns and uses to drive to work – the policy is in my name.

Any suggestions?

Thank you


Source link