Deed of Absolute Transfer – Forums


My wife wishes to sign over a life insurance/endowment policy to me using a “Deed of Absolute Transfer”. The company, Countrywide Assured, states we must visit a solicitor to get this done. However, this will cost close to £1000, even though I know that other firms e.g. Prudential, issue templates to their customers, avoiding these costs. Does anyone know what the legal position is with regard to the need to use a solicitor? Also, can anyone suggest where I might get a suitable template online?


Source link