First time buyer need to arrange home insurance but Im confused on some add-on cover and not sure if I should get them. It’s a leasehold flat so there is building insurance in place. Id be grateful if someone could clarify if the below cover is correct for the scenarios that I can think of.
1. Accidental damage cover: forgot to switch of kitchen stove, cause fire and damage kitchen unit.
2. Accidental damage cover: as above, but fire spread to neighbours home
3. Accidental damage cover: Washing Machine leaking cause damage to my carpet or floor
4. Legal Expense cover: Washing Machine leaking and causes damage to the flat blow, I dont agree with their claim amount. If they want to sue me then I have legal expense cover to fight them in court
5. Home emergency & accidental damage cover: Drill into pipe and cause water leak.
Also, what cover should I get for any damaged caused in neighbours home during refurbishment? The lease says insurance must be in place before starting any work.
Thanks a lot.