My car is insured with 1st Central, I wanted to change my postal address fairly close to my renewal is what happened.
1. Called 1st Central about my change of address, I was kept on hold for around 30 minutes when the Agent attempted to change adjust the address, then they advised to call up in one week which would be seven days before renewal, they would be able to quote then.
2. Called up seven days before renewal, Agent advised it would be too expensive to change now and to call back on renewal, I stated I need it changed now but Agent advised this could not be done.
3. As I wasn’t driving my car I held off until the renewal date and asked for a quote for a change of address and for my address to be updated. Agent advised they were unable to change the address at renewal, I would need to renew now and go online to change the address. Policy was renewed here.
4. I attempted to log-in but their site was down.
5. I complained to 1st Central, they advised they have acted professionally and provided a good service, address changes should be made online otherwise I should go to the Ombudsman.
Can anyone advise what I should do? There is an issue accessing my account online and 1st direct won’t change my address on the phone.
Thanks in advance