Tenants in Common – Home Insurance


My wife and I are tenants in common, each owning 50% of our home. Do we need special home insurance for this? Individual policies for our share? Some annotation on a single policy to record the fact that the insurers are aware of the ownership status?

Currently, my wife is the proposer on the policy, and I am the joint insured.

I did ask the policy providers this question and they seemed OK with the situation. But I’m not sure the person I was speaking to fully understood the meaning of tenants in common. Anyone more knowledgeable out there?


Source link